September 20th, 2011, Kuala Lumpur – For the first time in Malaysia, the annual 3 Nation Charity Ride will be organised in the historical city of Malacca on 18th-20th November 2011. 17 years after it was established, the event remains as the biggest gathering of Super Bikers in the South East Asian region motoring calendar.
The “3-Nation Charity Ride” has been officially organized annually since 1994. This is the biggest event on the regional biking calendar and has been participated by thousands of big capacity motorcycles and bikers from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and other countries around the Asian region. This yearly event is held to raise funds for charity and also bring all bikers from across the borders together.
The 3-Nation Charity Ride has also set a national record and was listed in the Malaysian Book of Records for the Largest Superbike Gathering in 2002. Over the years, the event has raised more than RM1.5 Million which have been distributed to charity homes identified by the host country.
Last year, the event saw over 1200 Bikers gathered in Hatyai for a great cause. Team Hanuman of Thailand was the host and organizer of the 3 Nation Charity Ride 2010. The funds raised were distributed to „The Princess Mother‟s Hundred Year Honour Fund‟, and three other schools, namely Jai Border Patrol Police School, Baan Baroi Police School and Sarn Fhan Rak Foundation School.
This year, the 3 Nation Charity Ride event comes to Malaysia, organized by the Super Bikers Club Malaysia. The event will be held in the historical city of Malacca from 18th to 20th November 2011, with Mahkota Hotel as the official event hotel.
The beneficiaries identified this year are a few local charities in Malacca and OrphanCARE. The Malacca charities include Persatuan Kebajikan Insan Istimewa Melaka, Rumah Anak-anak Yatim Darul Ai Tam, Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna Charity and Welfare Association and Yayasan Toh Puan Zurina.
“We hope to raise about RM100,000 for this year‟s panel of charities to be distributed equally”, said Super Bikers Club Malaysia President, Lt. Gen (R) Tan Sri Mohamed Bin Ngah Said.
Organizing Chairman, Hashemi Albakri said that “As an event that moves around the region, many of the new generation bikers and motorcycle club groups around Malaysia might not realize the rich and long history of this event for a good cause. This is a great way to also experience being part of the biggest and longest charity biking event and network with various bikers and other clubs from the region.”
The 3 Nation Charity Ride event has been rolling from strength to strength since 1994 and is organized annually by one of four founding clubs, which are Super Biker Club Malaysia, Penang Motor Sports Club, Team 27 Singapore and Team Hanuman Thailand. Every year the organizers rotate to host the event and choose the charity organizations that will benefit. This year, the baton is handed to Super Bikers Club Malaysia.
The Street Carnival will be held along the entire street of Jalan PM9 and surrounding area on the 18th November and the Charity Gala Dinner will be held at the Mahkota Hotel Melaka on the evening of the 19th of November 2011. The street carnival will feature food hawker stalls, live music and entertainment.
For the first time also, we are utilizing technology and social media to spread the word for the event. AirAsia RedTix online ticketing will assist in reaching out to bikers anywhere to purchase tickets across 3 countries.
The participant‟s event package is at RM150 each and will include the Charity dinner invitation on 19th November 2011, two Official 3NCR T-shirts, charity contribution & other gift collaterals.
Registration forms are available online at www.3nationcharityride.com. Bikers interested to participate can fill up and submit the 3NCR Event Registration online form and payment to the following appointed Registration Motorcycle Clubs or pay online via AirAsia RedTix.
Tickets can be purchased directly online and paid via credit cards at http://www.airasiaredtix.com/ from 15th August onwards and must also be supplemented by filling up the 3NCR Event Registration form and entering your purchase OrderID code from AirAsia RedTix into the form.
List of Charities:
1) OrphanCARE OrphanCARE is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in April 2008, under the patronage of HRH Sultanah Pahang, Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom. It aims to give every orphan and abandoned baby the love, care and security of a family in accordance with their tagline “Every child needs a family”.
2) Persatuan Kebajikan Insan Istimewa Melaka PKIIM or Joy Workshop, a non-profit organization, was founded in 1999 with the primary objective of assisting young persons, aged 15 years and above with learning difficulties, to improve their quality of life, via integration in society through employment and enhanced community living skills. They provide structured vocational and pre-employment skills training to over 120 young people with learning difficulties, including clients with Down syndrome, Autism and slow learners. Some have gone into open employment after the basic training and are successfully employed.
3) Rumah Anak-anak Yatim Darul Ai Tam They are a children’s home from poor families where one or both parents are no longer alive. They cater mainly to 70 school going children, of which 30 lives in a hostel. Monthly costs RM10-15K to maintain. Receives RM4,000 monthly from Majlis Agama Melaka. Balance depends on public donations.
4) Yayasan Toh Puan Zurina A dialysis centre catering for the poor. Toh Puan Zurina is the Governor’s spouse. They have 10 dialysis machines all donated and maintained by Mamee Double Decker Bhd, a Malacca based public company. All patients are referred to them by government hospitals in Malacca. They also screen to determine income level before accepting a patient due to demand. At the moment caters for 32 patients with a fair number on waiting list. Monthly operating cost averages RM26K largely due to cost of medicine and staff wages that has to be met from public donations.
5) Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna Charity and Welfare Association, Malaysia A registered welfare body with The Department of Social Welfare Malacca, this home for 48 children is solely for boys who are orphans, single parent children or from broken homes. The association provides all the assistance free of charge. The funds are received through government grants (averaging about RM50,000 per year), public donations and fund raising projects however their yearly expenses are about RM250,000. They are in need of mattresses, computers, clothes, water filters and books for their library.
The 3-Nation Charity Ride History:
1994 – Hatyai/Songkhla, Thailand organized by Southern Big Bike Hatyai
1995 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia organized by Kelab Super Bikers Malaysia 1996 – Koh Samui, Thailand organized by Southern Big Bike Hatyai
1997 – Singapore, Singapore organized by Team27
1998 – Hatyai/Songkhla, Thailand organized by Team Hanuman
1999 – Pulau Penang, Malaysia organized by Penang Motor Sports Club
2000 – Nakhonsi Thammarat, Thailand organized by Team Hanuman – Southern Big Bike, Nakhon 2001 – Surat Thani, Thailand organized by Team27 – Southern Big Bike Surat
2002 – Perak, Malaysia organized by Kelab Super Bikers Malaysia
2003 – Trang, Thailand organized by Team Hanuman
2004 – Krabi, Thailand organized by Krabi Riders – Team27
2005 – Penang, Malaysia organized by Penang Motor Sports Club
2006 – Phuket, Thailand organized by Team Hanuman – Phuket Riders Club
2007 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia organized by Super Bikers Club Malaysia
2008 – Surat Thani, Thailand organized by Team 27 Singapore
2009 – Penang, Malaysia organized by Penang Motor Sports Club
2010 – Hatyai, Thailand organized by Team Hanuman 2011 – Malacca, Malaysia organized by Super Bikers Club Malaysia
Press Release Issued by Super Bikers Club Malaysia (Reg. No: 1693/93)