Lexus proudly premieres its new luxury crossover, the RX, online to the globe on June 1st Japan Time.
Since our establishment in 1989, Lexus has always maintained a spirit of innovation and continues to take on the challenge of providing new technologies and value to its guests. Based on the “Lexus Electrified” vision announced in 2019, we hope to achieve a significant improvement in fundamental performance using electrification technologies and provide electrified vehicle solutions such as HEVs and PHEVs. By 2030, we aim to achieve a full lineup of BEVs in all categories, and by 2035, we aim to sell 100% BEVs globally, contributing to the realization of a carbon-neutral society.
The original RX 300 pioneered a new segment – the luxury crossover – when it debuted in North America in 1998. Building upon this, in 2005, Lexus launched its first HEV model, the RX400h, the world’s first hybrid luxury crossover. As a pioneer of electric vehicles, we have always pursued both excellent driving performance and environmental performance, and at the end of April 2022, we have sold a cumulative (provisional) total of approximately 30 thousand vehicles in approximately 8 countries in Asia. As a Lexus core model, it has evolved with the support of many guests around the world.
The new RX, now in its fifth generation, is a pioneer in the luxury crossover market and as a core model of Lexus, it has undergone a complete renewal.
The first challenge was to create a car that was pleasing to drive and one that could have a dialogue with the driver. The “Lexus Driving Signature” evolves even further with the improvement of the vehicle’s fundamentals, while maintaining the refined ride and high level of quietness that are the origins of the Lexus brand.
Following the RZ, the DIRECT4 all-wheel drive force system using electrification technology is available on the new RX500h F SPORT Performance. This precise four-wheel drive control works in conjunction with a newly developed hybrid electric system to maximize the front and rear wheel grip and provide posture control. With DIRECT4, drivers will notice an invigorating, direct, and torque-filled driving experience. Additionally, a variety of powertrains are now available. The RX hopes to fulfill its mission as a global core model that contributes to the realization of a carbon-neutral society, while staying close to the increasingly diversified needs and lifestyles of our guests.
The second challenge was to transform the design. For the exterior design, Lexus takes on the challenge of creating a unique identity
using the “spindle body”, which provides ample cooling functionality with a powerful design style that conveys the new driving experience. The interior design is based on the human-centered Tazuna concept, which aims to create a driver’s seat that allows a deeper and more intuitive connection between the vehicle and driver for an exhilarating driving experience, as well as a spacious and comfortable passenger space.
＜ MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES OF THE ALL NEW RX ＞
- Thoroughly strengthened vehicle fundamentals and improved Lexus Driving Signature
- A package with optimal weight distribution
- GA-K platform equipped with multi-link rear suspension for high dynamic performance
- Features a combination of high rigidity and light weight
- Achieves well-balanced ride comfort and high levels of quietness, which are the DNA of Lexus
- Introduces the RX 500h F SPORT Performance, a performance model that pursues driving pleasure
- DIRECT4 all-wheel drive force system that supports driving performance according to the driver’s intentions
- Newly developed hybrid electric system 4-liter turbocharged HEV DIRECT4 with rear high output motor eAxle
- Braking posture control system to control vehicle posture during driving
- Large steering angle Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS) for high maneuverability as well as high speed stability
- A diverse lineup of powertrains to tailor to the guests’ needs and lifestyles*1
- 4-liter turbocharged HEV DIRECT4 achieves a new driving experience using electrification technology
- 5-liter PHEV E-Four achieves class-leading EV cruising range and powerful acceleration performance
- 5-liter HEV E-Four/FF achieves low fuel consumption and an exhilarating driving feel
- 4-liter turbocharged AWD/FF achieves torque-filled dynamic performance
- The pursuit of a unique identity and proportions, born from a dynamic driving experience
- Side and rear design with a low center of gravity and a planted stance that reflects a new driving
- New expression of the Lexus front identity, originating at the spindle body
- Cockpit that maximizes driving pleasure
- Open expansive space that embraces all passengers
- Exterior colors that express captivating uniqueness and luxury with interior colors that create a refinement space
- Latest preventive safety features based on a human-centered approach
- Advanced preventive safety technology Lexus Safety System +
- New Experiential Value using Advanced Technology
*1 varies depending upon region
<LEXUS INTERNATIONAL NEW RX CHIEF ENGINEER TAKAAKI OHNO>
24 years since the first-generation RX was born as a luxury crossover, the RX has been loved by many guests around the world. Now in its fifth generation, we embraced change using the RX with the aim of bringing the joy of exhilarating driving to even more guests as a Lexus global core model. We thoroughly worked on the car’s fundamentals to pursue a new driving experience and
design that was both captivating and rooted in functionality, aiming for a car that made driving more enjoyable and offered a more exhilarating experience on familiar drives. The new RX, which has been created without compromise through the combined efforts of development and production, will become your companion that enriches your life. We hope you will look forward to it.
Main specifications of the new RX (prototype)
|Overall length||4,890 mm (±0mm)|
|Overall width||1,920 mm (±25mm)|
|Overall height||1,695 mm (-10mm*2)|
|Wheelbase||2,850 mm (±60mm)|
|Wheel size||19/21 inches|
( ) compared to outgoing model
*2varies depending upon region
THOROUGHLY IMPROVED VEHICLE FUNDAMENTALS: THE LEXUS DRIVING SIGNATURE EVOLVES EVEN FURTHER
The Lexus Driving Signature is a uniquely Lexus driving experience that provides an exhilarating feeling of seamless acceleration, steering, and braking according to all driving situations and aims for linear response faithful to the driver’s intentions.
With the new RX, the Lexus Driving Signature evolves by thoroughly refining the vehicle fundamentals, such as the center of gravity, inertia properties, weight reduction, and chassis rigidity. Focus has also been placed on improving the refined ride quality and quietness that are the hallmarks of Lexus.
< THE RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF THE LEXUS BRAND ORIGINS AND UNIQUE DRIVING EXPERIENCE >
- The new RX uses an enhanced GA-K platform. The center of gravity has been lowered by 15 mm compared to the previous model by reducing vehicle weight and lowering the While overall length is the same as the former model, the wheelbase is 60 mm longer and the tread is widened by 15 mm in the front and 45 mm in the rear, resulting in a package that reduces the yaw moment of inertia.
- For suspension, the front uses MacPherson struts and the rear uses a newly developed multi-link suspension system that efficiently transmits drive force to the road surface, while enabling smooth vehicle posture The upper arm position and shape prevents the body side members from protruding into the interior, thereby creating a large interior space. Furthermore, vehicle posture changes during start-up and acceleration, as well as vibration during driving are suppressed by optimizing the shock absorber positioning and suspension mount bushing characteristics.
- The shock absorbers use swing valves to ensure dampening force from very low speed ranges. The Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) is a linear solenoid-type with excellent dampening force response and is now standard equipment on F SPORT It offers both linear driving performance and refined ride comfort at a high level.
- The rear section of GA-K platform features an all-new design with the adoption of the multi-link A rigid high-torsion rear body frame is used to firmly support suspension input during vehicle acceleration/deceleration and steering. In addition, the mounting points for the rear suspension and rear suspension member mounting points have been highly reinforced. When
joining the frame, short pitch welding techniques are employed to increase joint strength in addition to laser screw welding (LSW) and structural adhesives.
Highly rigid die-cast aluminum is used for the steering support material to ensure more linear steering response. The increase in rigidity of suspension fasteners improved handling stability and the precision of wheel alignment, such as toe, camber, and roll steer, has been refined through manufacturing processes to maximize dynamic performance.
- In addition to the optimal material replacement of the platform’s main frame components, the front fenders are now made of aluminum, and the B-pillars are made of 2GPa (gigapascal) class hot-stamped material, a world first in terms of both safety and weight reduction, resulting in a 90kg weight reduction compared to the previous model. Thorough weight reduction contributes to a lower center of gravity and improved handling
- Aerodynamic steering technology optimizes airflow around the front of the vehicle, which reduces the coefficient of drag (Cd) value and provides excellent brake cooling performance. Below the vehicle, the engine undercover incorporates a dimpled shape design to generate micro vortices under the floor, thereby enhancing the sense of ground contact and improving high speed Minimizing the height differences between the door and the glass surface aids in efficient airflow correction, while the end shape of the rear spoiler and new portal-shaped spoiler helps suppress turbulence of flowing air and improve handling stability.
- In the new RX, we pursued a balanced sense of quietness, where limited sound stood out, and was unaffected by changes in road surface or surrounding Following the footsteps of the NX, the new model features an opening weather strip and front /rear door glass weather strip to improve door sealing, a twin-lock structure to suppress engine hood vibration, and high sound insulation front door glass. Furthermore, a newly developed multi-link suspension and optimal frame setup achieves high body rigidity for improved quietness. Road noise has been reduced through the optimized placement of sound-absorbing materials as well as the introduction of high-dampening adhesives and materials in each panel. Also, the stepped variances around the front pillar/cowl louver door have been reduced and optimally positioned to reduce wind noise.
The 2.4-liter turbocharged HEV model / 2.4-liter turbocharged model features Active Noise Control which eliminates the typical noise characteristics of the four-cylinder turbocharger engine, providing a pleasant driving experience.
- The newly developed eAxle fully integrates the motor, transaxle, and inverter within a compact unit to benefit cruise range, spacious interior, and excellent The front eAxle is packaged with a short front/rear system layout, while the rear eAxle features a low-profile layout contributing to increased interior and cargo space. In addition, the use of a high-efficiency inverter having a Silicon Carbide (SiC) element in the rear, contributes to an increase in cruise range.
- A new pressurization unit enables coordinated front and rear regenerative braking through independent front and rear hydraulic The new braking system aims to provide seamless, direct, and controlled braking under the direction of the Lexus Driving Signature. Based on Lexus’ hybrid technology experience and achievements over the years, the regenerative braking system improves regenerative energy efficiency to increase cruise range, while enhancing brake feel. Stable vehicle posture is achieved by optimizing the distribution of braking force to the front and rear wheels in response to the amount of braking by the driver. Furthermore, ergonomic brake pedal pads are used for easy pedal changes and pedal depression.
RX 500H F SPORT PERFORMANCE PURSUES DRIVING EXCITEMENT THROUGH ELECTRIFICATION TECHNOLOGY
Based on the Lexus Electrified vision, our aim is to push the evolution of fundamental performance using electrification technology. In doing so, Lexus will continue to provide guests with the joy and exhilaration of driving.
The RZ, a pure BEV model announced in April 2022, features DIRECT4, a new electrification technology that precisely controls the drive force of all four wheels based on the vehicle’s ground contact load regardless of the road surface or driving conditions. Following the RZ, the new RX features DIRECT4, a new HEV system designed to enhance the driving experience. Precise all-wheel drive control maximizes the grip of the front and rear wheels, while also providing posture control to achieve an exhilarating driving experience. Opposed 6-piston brake calipers and Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS), with larger steering angle, are adopted to further evolve the Lexus Driving Signature.
The “F SPORT Performance” is a performance model that takes the existing F SPORT one step further by offering an enhanced powertrain.
< NEW ELECTRIFICATION TECHNOLOGY THAT SUPPORTS DRIVING PERFORMANCE FAITHFUL TO THE DRIVER’S INTENTIONS >
The all new HEV system, a first for Lexus, uses a high-torque 2.4-liter turbo engine, motor, and six-speed automatic transmission in the front, along with a high-power “eAxle” motor in the rear. The battery is a high-power bipolar nickel-metal hydride type unit. In addition to placing a clutch between the engine and motor, the six-speed automatic transmission employs a clutch instead of a torque converter, which is placed between the motor and transmission to enable efficient and responsive dynamic performance. The mechanism allows the use of the engine, motor or integrated operation depending upon the situation.
In the new HEV system, the front and rear motors assist the engine when the accelerator pedal is depressed to reduce the delay in drive force response, resulting in a direct driving feel with a quick acceleration start-up. The torque-filled turbocharged engine and eAxle provide powerful and broad acceleration at high rpm’s, even at high speeds. The Active Noise Control / Active Sound Control system amplifies the exhilarating dialogue between car and driver, by expressing the power and broad range of the engine + motor setup through sound, while eliminating the noise characteristic of four-cylinder turbocharged engines. The sound of the engine and motor is also enhanced to further improve the interaction with the car and the pleasant driving experience.
- DIRECT4’s drive force control uses information collected from wheel speed, acceleration, and steering angle sensors to help optimize the drive force distribution ratio of the front and rear wheels between 100:0 and 20:80 (front wheels: rear wheels), contributing to improved start-up acceleration, handling stability, and fuel When accelerating from a standstill or in a straight line, the system controls vehicle pitch to achieve a direct acceleration feel with a ratio of 60:40 to 40:60. When cornering, the system uses information such as vehicle speed and steering angle to control drive force distribution according to driving conditions, thereby contributing to excellent handling stability. Traction is secured and vehicle pitch is suppressed by distributing drive force towards the front (70:30 to 50:50) as steering starts, and closer to the rear (50:50 to 20:80) when exiting a corner. This provides exhilarating cornering performance that allows the vehicle to turn smoothly.
Lexus has combined electrification and vehicle motion control technologies that it has cultivated over the years to achieve a driving experience where the driver can have an intimate dialogue with the car.
- A new pressurization unit*3 is used to enable coordinated front and rear regeneration through independent front and rear hydraulic control in order to aim for a brake feel that contributes to the realization of the Lexus Driving Signature. Based on Lexus’ experience and achievements in hybrid technology, the refined regenerative braking system has been further evolved to achieve seamless braking, and a stable vehicle posture by optimizing the distribution of braking force to the front and rear wheels in response to the driver’s brake operation
*3 Only for HEV/PHEV models.
< F SPORT PERFORMANCE PURSUES THE FURTHER EVOLUTION OF PERFORMANCE >
- A new package, the “F SPORT Performance,” is a performance model with an enhanced powertrain that goes beyond the existing F SPORT
- To further evolve the Lexus Driving Signature, aluminum Monoblock opposed six piston brake calipers are used for the front brakes to provide a linear and direct brake Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS) is also newly adopted to steer the rear wheels up to four degrees in the opposite or same direction as the front wheels, depending on vehicle speed. At low speeds, the system provides excellent turning and maneuverability during cornering, while a high level of vehicle stability is achieved in the high- speed ranges. Handling performance has been further improved by using model-specific (with bespoke compound) tires along with unique 21-inch wheels.
- Exclusive exterior design items include body-colored lower panels to express a lower center of gravity, black stainless-steel moldings to enhance the window design graphics, and 21-inch aluminum wheels, which gives the F-SPORT an even higher refinement and more powerful driving
A DIVERSE POWERTRAIN LINEUP FOR DIVERSE NEEDS
The new RX offers a diverse lineup of powertrains focused on meeting guests’ needs in various countries and regions
around the world.
In addition to the RX 500h (2.4-liter turbocharged inline-four hybrid electric system), the lineup includes RX 450h+ (2.5-liter inline-four plug-in hybrid electric system) delivering class-leading EV range and powerful acceleration performance, RX 350h (2.5-liter inline-four hybrid electric system) delivering low fuel consumption and an exhilarating driving feel, and RX 350 (2.4-liter turbocharged inline-four) delivering a torque-filled dynamic driving performance.
The 2.5-liter PHEV and 2.4-liter turbo models are available with all-wheel drive (AWD), and the 2.5-liter HEV is available in either AWD or front-wheel drive (FWD) drivetrain configuration.
- RX 500h 4-liter turbocharged HEV with DIRECT4 (T24A-FTS+ Parallel Hybrid+ eAxle)
Uses a DIRECT4 hybrid electric system combining a front unit consisting of a high-torque 2.4-liter turbo inline-four engine (with motor) and a rear-mounted high-output eAxle motor. Precise four-wheel drive control maximizes the grip of the front and rear wheels, while also providing posture control to achieve a direct, torque-filled, and exhilarating driving feel.
- RX 450h+ 5-liter PHEV E-Four (A25A-FXS+ THSII Plug-in + rear motor)
RX 450h+ is equipped with a highly thermal efficient 2.5-liter inline-four engine, large-capacity high-output lithium-ion batteries, and front/rear motors. The lithium-ion battery has a total power output of 18.1 kWh, combining class-leading EV driving range with ample power. Driving modes can be optionally selected from four modes (EV mode; AUTO EV/HV mode; HV mode; Self-charging). In HV mode, the engine and motor work together to achieve high acceleration performance.
The AWD system features E-Four, a motor-driven AWD. The system uses various sensors to determine when drive force is needed in the rear, such as during start-up or normal driving, and precisely controls the front-rear torque distribution between 100:0 and 20:80. The large-capacity lithium-ion battery is placed under the floor to achieve a low center of gravity, resulting in a stable and refined ride.
- RX 350h 5-liter HEV E-Four (A25A-FXS + Series Parallel Hybrid + rear motor)
- RX 350h 5-liter HEV FF (A25A-FXS + Series Parallel Hybrid)
The HEV also combines a highly efficient and responsive 2.5-liter inline-four engine with a high-power motor, while using a dedicated control logic to achieve both low fuel consumption and smooth, direct driving performance at a high level.
- RX 350 4-liter turbocharged AWD (T24A-FTS + Direct Shift eight-speed automatic transmission + electronically controlled full-time AWD)
- RX 350 4-liter turbocharged FF (T24A-FTS Engine + Direct Shift eight-speed automatic transmission) Utilizes a 2.4-liter inline-four turbo engine with high torque capacity Direct Shift eight speed automatic transmission. In addition to the TNGA high speed combustion system, the engine features a center direct injection system and is within close proximity to the turbocharger and catalytic converter in order to comply with the stringent exhaust and fuel consumption regulations around the world. We have also optimized the engine and transmission tuning to achieve an
exhilarating driving experience, with smooth acceleration that remains faithful to the driver’s intentions. The electronically controlled full-time AWD optimizes the drive force of the front and rear wheels via an electronically controlled coupling (wet-type multi-disc clutch) on the rear differential. The front/rear drive force distribution is constantly variable from 75:25 to 50:50 depending on the situation, providing both superior feeling of traction and a linear steering feel.
THE PURSUIT OF A UNIQUE IDENTITY AND PROPORTIONS, BORN FROM A DYNAMIC DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Since its launch in 1997, the RX has been a pioneer in luxury crossovers, focusing on strength and refinement. Like the recently introduced NX, LX, and RZ, the RX also pursues a unique identity with optimized proportions that is born from a dynamic driving experience. The design concept is ALLURING x VERVE, which expresses a captivating, seductive presence, and a powerful sense of spirit.
Specifically, we focused on incorporating the expression of a new performance experience made possible by the DIRECT4 drive force system into the surfaces and silhouette to express the unique Lexus identity through the creation of the spindle body, which achieves design and functional cooling at the same time. The interior is based on the Tazuna concept, a design philosophy where the driver is intuitively connected with their car to better concentrate on driving, while still creating a spacious, open interior for the passenger.
MAIN EXTERIOR FEATURES
< LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY AND ATHLETIC DESIGN THAT EVOKES A NEW DRIVING EXPERIENCE >
- Based on the solid stance achieved by the extended wheelbase, low center of gravity, and widened front and rear treads, a new style with a low center of gravity and planted stance has been designed for the new drive force control and DIRECT4 driving
- For the side view, raising the tip of the hood and lowering the rear edge of the back window expresses a horizontal posture with a low center of gravity. While keeping the overall length and front overhang, the A-pillar’s base is pushed back to emphasize the elongated hood and express a stance in which the mass of the cabin seems to sit on the
- The powerful surface extending from the rear door to the rear fenders expresses the powerful traction of the e-Axle, and it creates a beautiful highlighted loop as the shape seamlessly connects to the side
- The quarter pillar, which successive generations have distinctively expressed, follows the floating pillar design introduced on the fourth-generation RX, but has evolved into a more three-dimensional design wrapping around to the rear, creating a stylish
- For the rear view, a simple, strong mass flows out horizontally to achieve a stance with a wide, low center of A sense of power and strength is therefore projected. The rear combination lamps feature an L-shaped horizontal signature with lenses that wrap around the body’s sides to emphasize a wider silhouette with a lower center of gravity.
< SPINDLE BODY, THE NEW LEXUS IDENTITY >
- The spindle design, a symbol of Lexus, is now expressed as a three-dimensional mass, evolving into a new expression called the spindle At the front, the body color is brought down to the lower edge of the Lexus emblem, emphasizing the strength of the design, as well as the mathematical beauty of the grille gradation. Combined with cooling functionality, the seamless expression of the fusion between body and grille expresses strength and a low center of gravity, pushing the boundaries of expressing a new identity and uniqueness.
MAIN INTERIOR FEATURES
< COCKPIT THAT MAXIMIZES DRIVING ENJOYMENT >
The cockpit was designed based on the Tazuna concept, a new cockpit design concept refines the human-centered philosophy present in Lexus’ vehicle crafting. The Tazuna, Japanese for rein, is an important means of communication between a horse and its rider. Lexus’ interior concept draws upon this articulate, synergic relationship and reinterprets the partnership between human and machine with an intuitive layout that forges a deeper mutual understanding through a seamless merging of Omotenashi– influenced design and cutting-edge technologies.
The steering wheel switches, for example, are highly integrated with the head-up display to create a space where the driver can concentrate on driving. Navigation, audio, and various functions can be controlled without the need for extra eye movement or complicated switch operations. The center display is offered in 14-inch or 9.8-inch touchscreen sizes, with many functions integrated into its soft switches. Designers paid close attention to details such as the size, shape, layout, and information of switches, pursuing the optimum placement and shape for intuitive operation, while also taking the frequency of use of each function into consideration.
< OPEN AND EXPANSIVE SPACE THAT ENVELOPES ALL PASSENGERS >
- The use of an instrument panel that gives an expansive horizontal space and broadly connects the meter hood to the door trim, creating a wide-open space that envelopes all passengers. Additionally, the multi-colored illumination around the instrument panel creates a spacious, immersive atmosphere even at night. Furthermore, the panoramic roof equipped models provide an even greater sense of expansiveness along with a sweeping front-to-back
< COLOR VARIATIONS BASED ON THE ALLURING X VERVE DESIGN CONCEPT >
Sonic Copper is a new metallic exterior color reflective of RX’s unique, refined identity. The metallic expression is created through Lexus’ unique sonic technology. Its harmony of rich colors conveys strength and glamour. The time-based change in hue and expression leads to an emotional experiential value. A total of ten other colors are also available, including Sonic Iridium, which emphasizes a sense of shade, and Terrane Khaki, a colorful hue that expresses the strength of a crossover SUV.
Five interior colors are available, including the newly developed Dark Sepia that makes for a dignified space. The door panels include the newly developed Black Herring Bone Pattern Film based on a black color that emphasizes the connection from the cockpit and the shape of the instrument panel and console, as well as the newly developed Medium Brown Bamboo, which is characterized by its calm color tone that creates a sense of depth and glamour.
< RELAXING SPACE AND IMPROVED CONVENIENCE >
- The new platform increases the front/rear couple distance by 12mm compared to the previous model, resulting in a spacious rear seat In addition to the lowered floor, the scuff and center pillar cover have been shaped to ensure that both the front and rear seats have ample legroom for ease of entry and exit.
- In terms of luggage space, the back-door trim has been made thinner and the loading height reduced by 30 mm, increasing the cargo length by 50 The luggage compartment is made more spacious and can hold four suitcases (77L/63L two each) or four 9.5-inch golf bags.
- The standard air conditioning system automatically controls the cabin temperatures of the front seats, as well as the rear seats independently using a triple-zone independent temperature control In addition to radiant heaters for the front seats and seat heaters for the rear seats, air-conditioned seats are available as an option for greater comfort. *4
*4Specifications vary by region
< F SPORT>
The exterior features an exclusive front bumper that expresses a wide and low stance and contributes to aerodynamic performance, as well as 21-inch exclusive aluminum wheels. The grille uses an exclusive mesh pattern and has a seamless design that fuses the boundary between the body and the mesh grille, establishing a new and unique F SPORT identity. Opposed 6- piston brake calipers are now standard equipment in order to achieve more linear and direct brake feel and deceleration performance.
ADVANCED SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES BASED ON THE HUMAN CENTERED CONCEPT
< ADVANCED PREVENTIVE SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES LEXUS SAFETY SYSTEM+ >
Lexus is developing safety technologies with one goal in mind: “Limited fatalities and injuries from traffic accidents.”
Based on the belief that it is important to develop world-class advanced safety technologies faster and spread them to more vehicles, Lexus Safety System +*5 was adopted for the new RX right after the RZ.
< MAIN PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT FEATURES >
- The following optional functions, used in conjunction with the driver monitor, support our guest
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (with all-speed following function): When the driver monitor alert function is enabled, the system alerts the driver and provides supportive control to ensure a safety margin during normal driving, allowing the driver to resume driving with peace of mind as soon as they return to (Voice assist)
- Advanced Park
- Features expanded support for parallel In addition to back-up parking, forward-facing parking is now supported, and forward/back-up exit can be performed from inside the vehicle.
< NEW EXPERIENTIAL VALUE THROUGH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY >
- Smooth door operation without unnecessary movement are realized by replacing the traditional door handle mechanism with the electrically controlled e-latch switch
*5 Lexus Safety System+ availability varies depending on the market.