The British Grand Prix, round 12 of the MotoGP World Championship, which was due to be held today, was cancelled due to bad weather conditions at the Silverstone circuit.
The race start had been brought forward to 11.30 local time (12.30 CET) to try and avoid the risk of rain, after yesterday when the Race Direction had to interrupt the FP4 session due to flooding at certain points of the circuit, which had caused several riders to crash, with serious consequences for Tito Rabat.
Unfortunately the weather conditions did not improve during the day and after a number of postponements, at 16.00 local time (17.00 CET) the organizers decided to cancel all of today’s motoGP™ scheduled races after consultation with the MotoGP riders.
The next round is the San Marino and Riviera di Rimini Grand Prix, which will be held at the Misano World Circuit from 7th to 9th September.
Check Out Our Instagram Feed
Check Out Our Facebook Feed
2 weeks ago
Recent Motorbugs News
- FIA World Rally Championship: Secto Rally Finland – Ott Tänak resists Kalle Rovanperä’s Saturday charge.
- FIA World Rally Championship: Secto Rally Finland – Ott Tänak clings onto slender lead as Lappi ups tempo.
- Super excitement as super Suzuka returns to EWC schedule.
- WorldSBK: Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha with Brixx WorldSBK) wins three-way battle in Most.
- WorldSSP: Lorenzo Baldassarri (Evan Bros. WorldSSP Yamaha Team) made it two wins out of two at the Autodrom Most.